Physical Therapist - Outpatient
Physical Therapist - Outpatient - PRN - Holy Family Hospital - Methuen, MA
Come join Steward Health Care System where we strive to serve the needs of our communities by delivering the highest quality of care with compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
Physical Therapist - Outpatient Job Summary:
The Outpatient Physical Therapist is responsible for providing direct patient care including assessing, interpreting, planning and implementing physical therapy treatments and supervising the PT assistant(s)/Aides in the outpatient setting. Performs in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures. Follows the facility's standards for ethical business conduct. Conducts self as a positive role model and team member. Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities.
Physical Therapist - Outpatient Job Description:
- The Physical Therapist assesses patient condition, establishes goals, treatments and care plan in conjunction with patient/family.
- Ensures that appropriate treatment is performed in an interdisciplinary fashion, consulting with physicians and other departments about impact of PT factors on patient health status.
- Complies with appropriate clinic policies related to infection control, safety, and regulations.
- Documents findings, treatment and other patient information for medical record.
- Educates patient/family on appropriate care and use of various therapies/exercises.
- Serves as information/education resource for patients, families, and staff.
- Oversees Physical Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapy Aides, and Students.
Physical Therapist - Outpatient Qualifications:
- Minimal requirement of a Masters in Physical Therapy, current Massachusetts PT license, and BCLS certification.
- Minimum of two-four years’ experience as PT in an outpatient setting preferred.
- Additional certification or training in Lymphedema or Pelvic Floor treatment is a plus
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of physical therapy principles, standards, practices.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Please reference Position ID 162733 when responding.