Surgical Technologist - Northeast MA Area
Come join a healthcare system where we strive to serve the needs of our communities by delivering the highest quality of care with compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
Surgical Technologist Job Summary:
The Surgical Technologist assists the surgeon during invasive and non-invasive procedures. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure and safe for patient care. Works with team members to monitor and maintain PAR levels of all surgical instruments and supplies. Assists with room turnover and the cleaning and sterilization of all surgical instruments. Participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities.
Surgical Technologist Job Description:
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the Operating Room Technician’s scope of practice.
- Checks all equipment/instruments needed, prior to each procedure to ensure proper functioning.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment for each individual surgical procedure.
- The Surgical Tech sets up, scrubs and prepares for procedures at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled time, unless otherwise directed by Circulating RN or Nurse Manager.
- Follows aseptic technique, when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Adapts procedures to meet individual needs of neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients for treatment.
- Performs services requiring technical or manual skills under the direction of Circulating RN.
- Carries out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures.
- Accurately completes operating room counts (instruments, sponges, needles); follows proper procedure in the event of incorrect count; reports all discrepancies to Circulating RN and surgeon and/or corrects immediately.
- Assists in patient transfer, positioning, prepping and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in care of specimens and accurately handles specimens at all times.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon during intraoperative phase.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case; restocks supplies, when necessary and organizes effectively for end-of-case clean up.
Surgical Technologist Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an Accredited Surgical Technologist Program.
- BCLS certification required.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in the Operating Room.
- Surgical Technologist Certification required.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Joe Della Vecchia
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Click here to schedule a time to speak with me!
Please reference Position ID 163126 when responding.