Certified Surgical Technologist (Trauma Center)
Concord, New Hampshire
Full-time, generous benefits package including PENSION PLAN
Sign-on, relocation and referral bonuses offered
The Surgical Technologist 2 is a certified technologist and allied health care professional providing an advanced level of surgical care to patients within the operating room under the supervision of perioperative nurses and surgeons. This job works in the main operating room. The Surgical Technologist utilizes AORN's Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices and AST Standards of Practice as a reference to ensure quality, safety and appropriateness of patient care
- Maintains the integrity of the sterile field by utilizing knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Uses advanced knowledge of instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for surgical procedures.
- Prioritizes team and department needs through analysis of the daily schedule and case mix.
- Serves as a preceptor for Surgical Technologist students and new employees.
- Functions as a leader by providing support to members of the surgical team.
- Assists with maintaining a clean, safe surgical environment.
- Ensures adherence to Surgical Services Infection Control, Safety and Risk Management Policies Procedures and Guidelines.
- Performs job specific requirements and other duties as assigned.
- One year of experience as a surgical technologist
- Certification required within first year of hired: Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification, or equivalent course credentialed by American Heart Association. Medical Technician - NH Board of Registration of Medical Technicians
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please apply directly to the posting or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org