11k Sign-on Bonus - Respiratory Therapist - RRT
Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - INTEGRIS Health - Edmond, OK
***11k sign-on bonus for FT Respiratory Therapists***
These are unprecedented times. At INTEGRIS Health, we’re striving not only to navigate our current health crisis but to also create a better, healthier future for Oklahoma. To do that, we need talented, collaborative, and caring RRTs like you. As the #1 ranked health system in the state, we provide you with a rewarding career driven by a welcoming culture, comprehensive total rewards, and the opportunity to make a large impact on a meaningful mission. Ready to help us help Oklahomans?
Respiratory Therapist Position Overview:
The Respiratory Therapist (RRT) assumes responsibility for the management and delivery of patient care for their assigned areas. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administers a wide variety of therapeutic services and diagnostic tests to various patient types
- Sets up all equipment/supplies needed and provides assistance to the physicians during special procedures
- Performs assessments and re-assessments of patient history, chest x-rays, vital signs, blood gases, progress notes, etc. in order to determine
appropriate therapy modalities/frequencies or effects of conscious sedation and communicates this to the physician (Does not apply to DME)
- Performs arterial punctures or blood gas analysis for arterial blood gases (Does not apply to DME)
- Performs intubation as needed or requested where credentialed and approved by the medical staff (Does not apply to DME)
- Provides onboarding education to new departmental staff and assists students rotating through the hospital
Respiratory Therapist Position Qualifications:
- Graduate of a Registry Eligible Respiratory Therapy School
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (Graduates will have 12 months to become registered. If employee fails to become registered within the 12 months, will be moved to CRT Therapist position.
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License issued by the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision (OSBMLS). The incumbent may work under a temporary letter to practice issued by OSBMLS until the board meets to issue their Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
- Requires 1 year full time experience in respiratory care or 1 recent year of a hands-on clinical practicum in an accredited respiratory care program.
- Must be an RRT and Conscious Sedation Certified before participating in IV Conscious Sedation procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Written/Verbal).
- BLS certification or must obtain within 60 days of hire.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Click here to schedule a time to speak with me!
Please reference Position ID 165368 when responding.