Surgical Technologist - INTEGRIS Health - Oklahoma City, OK
These are unprecedented times. At INTEGRIS Health, we’re striving not only to navigate our current health crisis but to also create a better, healthier future for Oklahoma. To do that, we need talented, collaborative, and caring Surgical Technologists like you. As the #1 ranked health system in the state and Oklahoma City metro area, we provide you with a rewarding career driven by a welcoming culture, comprehensive total rewards, and the opportunity to make a large impact on a meaningful mission. Ready to help us help Oklahomans?
Surgical Technologist Position Overview:
The Surgical Technologist is an allied health professional who works with surgeons and other health care practitioners providing surgical care to patients in a variety of settings. The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Surgical technologists possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
The Surgery Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains the sterile field.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
- Has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care and takes responsibility for ensuring patient safety during the operative procedure.
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure.
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves.
- Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure.
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed.
- Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants.
- Helps in draping sterile field.
- Passes instruments, sharps, etc., to surgeon during procedure.
- Ensures proper disposition of surgical specimens and cultures.
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure.
- Prepares sterile dressings.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
- Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room.
- Assists in prepping room for the next patient.
- May retrieve and transport medications.
- Surgical Technologists may, if enrolled in an approved Surgical First Assist Program with current affiliate agreement with INTEGRIS, perform functions as a Certified Surgical First Assistant while completing program requirements.
Surgical Technologist Position Qualifications:
- BCLS within 120 days of employment.
- Graduate certificate from an accredited surgical technology program within 60 days or 6 months experience as a surgical technologist. If surgical technology program not completed before hire, or within 60 days of hire, employment with INTEGRIS Health will be terminated.
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) certification preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Knowledge of preparing and sterilizing surgical instruments and supplies preferred.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Senior Healthcare Recruiter