Registered Nurse RN MDS Coordinator
RN MDS Coordinator - CentraState Healthcare System - Freehold, NJ
CentraState Healthcare System is currently Seeking an RN MDS Coordinator.
RN MDS Coordinator Position Overview:
Initiates and assures completion of the MDS by all disciplines for all residents in accordance with CMA and the NJ DOH guidelines. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents' individual needs.
- Affirms the resident's right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Monitors the MDS Transmission Reports to ensure accuracy.
- Identifies, evaluates and interprets Quality Indicator reports.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of residents and in the coordination of are to assure the achievement of maximum outcomes.
- Documents pain assessment, intervention and follow-up.
- Documents reassessment of pain as per facility policy. Notifies physician for unrelieved pain as indicated.
- Provides resident/family with education regarding pain.
- Delegates and monitors components of care to professional and non-professional caregivers as appropriate.
- Appropriately analyzes health status data to determine nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with the multidisciplinary approach for the completion of subsequent assessments based on Medicare regulations, significant changes, annual assessments and quality reviews.
- Consistently includes resident and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Makes decision and demonstrates knowledge of nursing practice, utilizes sound nursing judgment in critical and Resident care management situations.
- Current NJ RN license.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Previous experience completing the MDS.
- Current CPR and IV certification required.
CentraState Healthcare System is a nonprofit community health organization consisting of an acute-care hospital, an ambulatory campus, three-senior living communities, a family medicine residency program, and a charitable foundation. CentraState's mission is to enhance the health and well-being of our community through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Please reference Position ID 163087 when responding.