Permanent BMT Physician Job in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Permanent BMT / CAR T-cell Therapy Position in Michigan
Spectrum Health Medical Group
The Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program at Spectrum Health Cancer Center is the only adult BMT program in West Michigan (and just 1 of 4 in the state). We are FACT-accredited for both Autologous and Allogeneic transplants as well as Immune Effector Cell Therapy. We provide marrow, peripheral stem cell, haploidentical and umbilical cord blood transplants for cancerous and noncancerous conditions, as well as chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapies.
Our program has performed nearly 700 procedures (transplants and CAR T-cell infusions) since the program’s 2013 inception, with steady growth and continual program development. We enjoy a state-of-the art 17,000 square foot combined outpatient provider clinic and infusion clinic and have a new 18-bed inpatient blood and marrow transplant unit adjacent to the outpatient cancer center. We seek a physician to join our multidisciplinary team:
- This is a 100% BMT/cellular therapy practice—inpatient and outpatient
- Our experienced team consists of physicians, advanced practice providers (APP), pharmacists, a medical social worker, infusion nursing and RN clinical transplant coordinators.
- Call is shared amongst the BMT physicians in a 1:3-4 weekly rotation, with APP call support as first level triage.
- Academic appointment at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine available
- Opportunity for clinical and laboratory research
- BC in Hematology/Oncology or Medical Oncology or Hematology required; BMT experience or fellowship preferred
Spectrum Health is a not-for-profit health system, based in West Michigan, offering a full continuum of care through the Spectrum Health Hospital Group, which is comprised of 12 hospitals including Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital; 180 ambulatory and service sites; 3,200 employed physicians and advanced practice providers including members of the Spectrum Health Medical Group; and Priority Health, a 790,000-member health plan. Spectrum Health is West Michigan’s largest employer with 25,300 employees.
Grand Rapids, Michigan is a cosmopolitan area and the second largest city in the state located just 35 minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan and just 2 1/2 hours from Chicago! The metropolitan population of Grand Rapids is over 1 million, but Spectrum Health services a population of more than 9 million. We have strong, philanthropic communities and endless natural beauty, making Grand Rapids a great place for you and your family to call home!
Candidates with interest in this physician opportunity please contact:
Please reference Job Position ID 163094 when responding.