Surgical Technologist - Methuen, MA Area
Come join a healthcare system where we strive to serve the needs of our communities by delivering the highest quality of care with compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
Surgical Technologist Job Summary:
Certified Surgical Technician needed for a busy Operating Room.
Surgical Technologist Job Description:
- Assists in perioperative nursing care and other related duties, primarily as a scrub person, but may be assigned to assist the Registered Nurse in the Circulating Nurse role.
- Performs functions of the Surgical Technician in caring for assigned infants, pediatric, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients.
- Is responsible for compliance with all standards, policies, and procedures related to the scope of the Surgical Technician practice in the delivery of patient care.
- Promotes teamwork among co-workers, physicians, and healthcare team members.
Surgical Technologist Qualifications:
- Graduate of accredited educational program for surgical technologists.
- Holds and maintains a Certified Surgical Technologist credential administered by a nationally recognized surgical technologist certifying body accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies and recognized by the American College of Surgeons and the Association of Surgical Technologists; or graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology but has not, as of the date of hire, obtained the certification required provided the certification shall be obtained within 12 months of graduation date; or the individual was employed as a "surgical technologist" in a surgical facility on July 1, 2012 (validated documentation required).
- BLS required.
- One year of experience preferred.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Joe Della Vecchia
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Click here to schedule a time to speak with me!
Please reference Position ID 163121 when responding.