Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - St. Elizabeth's Medical Center - Brighton, MA
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Job Summary:
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses are responsible for carrying out nursing accountabilities within the ICU. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols and established policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources necessary.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassigns personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Provides thorough, timely and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals and interventions according to established standards.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e. appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician's orders, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assesses patient pain level upon admission and as ncessary, utilizing the pain scale (e.g. numerical, FACES and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as, documents assessment and patients' response to medication.
- Readily accepts accountability for designated patient and effectively hands off patient as required.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3-5 Years ICU Experience Preferred.
- Current MA Registered Nurse Licensure.
- ACLS Certified.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Joe Della Vecchia
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Click here to schedule a time to speak with me!
Please reference Position ID 163128 when responding.