Registered Nurse RN - Intensive Care Unit
Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - Taunton, MA Area
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Job Summary:
Coordinates total nursing care for patients participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Documents initial and ongoing patient assessment in a complete, concise, and timely manner according to policy and procedure.
- Develops and modifies and effective, comprehensive, and individualized plan of care including discharge planning for assigned patients, utilizing standards of care developed.
- Applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served, i.e.: infant pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Initiates and coordinates patient teaching according to identified needs.
- Integrates, delegates, and coordinates patient care using interdisciplinary approach.
- Delegates responsibilities for care, when applicable, and makes assignments according to skills of caregiver.
- Evaluates patient responses to interventions according to established policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates an ability to plan and supervise other patient caregivers in providing patient care on unit while functioning as a professional role model.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgment in times of need and emergency situations and evaluates the results of actions taken.
- Administers medication and perform treatments, utilizing principles of aseptic technique to assigned patient according to the established policy and procedure.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Qualifications:
- BSN or currently enrolled in a BSN program
- Minimum of two years of Med-Surg or Tele RN experience
- MA RN License
- BLS and ACLS certification required
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Click here to schedule a time to speak with me!
Please reference Position ID 163251 when responding.