Sterile Processing Tech
Sterile Processing Tech - Boston, MA Area
Sterile Processing Tech Job Summary:
Performs with minimum supervision all activities relating to the sterile processing and inventory management of surgical sets, equipment, medical supplies and linen in support of customers. Responsible for direct support function of Inventory Management in the areas of SPD stock levels, OR case cart management, and Patient Care Procedure Carts. Monitors and documents all aspects of sterile processing procedures to ensure the highest level of quality assurance standards are performed accurately. Requires schedule flexibility to work alternate shifts, weekends and holidays to accommodate staffing needs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Decontamination, packaging, sterilization and distribution of medical and surgical supplies.
- Adheres to department dress according to the Sterile Processing procedure manual.
- Operates all sterile equipment according to posted procedures.
- Knows all parameters of team and E.T.O. sterilization-aeration, chemical indicators and biological indicators.
- Participates in department in service programs as evidenced in department in-service records.
- Follows body substance isolations in accordance with infection control manual.
- Performs work of equal skill, effort and responsibility as directed.
Sterile Processing Tech Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- One Year Experience in Sterile Process
- Active Certified/Registered Central Supply Technician (CRCST) status
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Click here to schedule a time to speak with me!
Please reference Position ID 163256 when responding.