Infection Control Coordinator RN
Infection Control Coordinator RN - CentraState Medical Center - Freehold, NJ
Infection Control Coordinator RN Position Summary:
The Registered Nurse Infection Control Coordinator oversees the Infection Control program for the Medical Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acts as resource to hospital personnel and community regarding infection control issues.
- Counsels individuals having HIV testing and/or HIV disease.
- Maintains records and prepares reports related to infection control data.
- Develops and conducts in-service education programs, in conjunction with staff development, on subjects pertinent to infection control policies.
- Reports all required data to local and state authorities in a timely manner.
- Informs Infection Control Committee members of pertinent problems in their areas and assists in the management and follow-up on these problems.
- Develops and circulates minutes of the Infection Control Committee Meetings as facilitator of this committee.
- Performs epidemiologic investigations of all significant infection problems and makes appropriate recommendations to staff and physicians.
- Prepares and interprets all hospital infection control policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with OSHA, state, local and JCAHO infection control regulations.
- Coordinates, implements, educates and oversees hospital wide infection control program.
- Maintains close communication with the employee health department regarding infection control related issues.
Infection Control Coordinator RN Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- RN License / New Jersey required.
- Certified Infection Control (CIC) certification and HIV/AIDS certified counselor preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a clinical nurse.
CentraState Medical Center, located at 901 West Main Street in Freehold, New Jersey, is an acute-care medical center licensed for 284 beds. The medical center is a teaching hospital in conjunction with the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Family Medicine Residency Program. Also in 2015, the hospital was re-designated with Magnet status for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) of the American Nurses Association.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Please reference Position ID 163500 when responding.