Sterile Processing Technician
Sterile Processing Technician - CentraState Medical Center - Freehold, NJ
Full-Time Nights and Part-Time Evenings available
Sterile Processing Technician Position Summary:
Maintains Sterile Processing Service standards for cleaning, processing, assembling, sterilizing, storage and distribution of sterile supplies and patient care equipment. Monitors and evaluates sterilization process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures soiled equipment is retrieved from patient care area in a timely manner. All contaminated equipment should be covered for transport.
- Is able to distinguish between different disinfectants and detergents and know how to use and what to use them on.
- Follows set procedures using Preference Sheet, Count Sheets and or computer.
- Remove instruments requiring repair, replace as needed reports damaged or missing instruments to SPD manager.
- Follows manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Is able to use Steam Sterilizers, Steris System I, Sterrad, and instrument washer.
- Accurately reads and signs all sterilization recording charts.
- Performs Bowie Dick test and biological test and accurately documents results.
- Follows procedure for distribution of sterile supplies.
- Stocks and transports case carts according to policy and procedure.
- Distributes patient care equipment in a timely manner.
- Follows Sterile Storage Policy.
Sterile Processing Technician Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- One year experience as a sterile processing technician.
- Certification as Sterile Processing Technician.
- National sterile processing program recognized by the NJSDHSS.
- Verbal and written communications skills required.
CentraState Medical Center, located at 901 West Main Street in Freehold, New Jersey, is an acute-care medical center licensed for 284 beds. The medical center is a teaching hospital in conjunction with the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Family Medicine Residency Program. Also in 2015, the hospital was re-designated with Magnet status for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) of the American Nurses Association.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Please reference Position ID 164880 when responding.