Rehabilitation â Rehab - Therapy Manager
Rehabilitation – Rehab - Therapy Manager
1 overseeing an outpatient center and 1 overseeing an inpatient center
Manage the administrative, managerial, operational functions, clinical functions, patient care of the rehab department.
- Lead orientation and training for new hires as well as continuous training and development for all staff
- Lead the interview process and hiring for new talent
- Complete staff assessments, corrective actions, and performance reviews
- Create and manage employee schedules
- Monitor staff productivity and clinical standards
- Run regular staff meetings and foster an environment that allows all staff to provide constructive feedback
- Develop and implement department policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Complete QA audits and evaluate quality of care, when necessary
- Create and implement necessary guidelines within the rehabilitation program
- Participate in relevant hospital committees.
- Attend and encourage others to attend Continuing Education Classes throughout the year
- Assist in the financial affairs of the department including the development and management of the department’s budget
- Act as a resource for complex patient care
- Participate in rounds, when needed
- Ensure that rehab equipment and supplies meet the demands of the department
- Follow infection control and safety procedures.
- Assist the Rehab Director is setting, monitoring, and meeting patient volume goals and quality improvement goals, performance goals
- 7+ years of clinical experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist
- 3+ years of leadership experience with direct reports
- Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy; Doctorate degree is preferred.
- Active and Unencumbered Massachusetts license as a Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist
- American Heart Association BLS CPR required