ED Social Worker
Emergency Department Social Worker
Competitive Pay with Great Benefits!
Hours: 2pm-12:30am / 4 shifts per week
The top trauma medical center in the greater Boston area is seeking a Social Worker, MSW to perform high-impact work within their Emergency Department.
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-cultural environment. Must be open-minded toward other cultures, religions, etc.
- Must be Computer proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
- Screen and assess patients’ using the Social Determinants of Health to determine patient needs.
- Assist patients and their families with all levels of grief stemmed from crises and trauma.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills when interacting with other staff and coordinating patient care.
- Provide crisis intervention and problem solving support for patients/family to include case management and advocacy. Develop intervention and safety plans with patients as needed.
- Ability to report and document suspected abuse/neglect. Perform biopsychosocial assessments and other specialized trauma assessments. Develop intervention and safety plans for patients as needed.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work
- Massachusetts license as a Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- 1-Year of Inpatient experience.
- Experience in trauma/ED.
- Bicultural/Bilingual competency a plus.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please send an updated resume to email@example.com!