|Allied Health||Medical Technician||Brooklyn||NY||165375|
Laboratory Supervisor - Day Shift
A growing practice in the Brooklyn, NY area is looking for a Laboratory Supervisor to perform PCR lab testing. The Laboratory Supervisor will oversee 2-3 Lab Techs.
• Supervise employees and provide technical guidance
• Receive, correctly label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
• Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
• Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
• Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions
• Record and report all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
• Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
• Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
• Evaluating new protocols
• Able to competently use Electronic Medical/Health Records systems (Criterion).
• Interacts with other health professionals as a productive and respectful team member.
• Complies with time and attendance policy.
• Adheres to professional standards of conduct and behavior.
• Adheres to infection control policy at all times
• Associates degree in clinical laboratory sciences required, Bachelor's degree preferred
• ASCP certification required
• 6+ years of experience as a technician; previous lead/supervisory experience preferred
• Experience with molecular testing
• Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards etc.)
• In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices
• Working knowledge of GSuite and similar database systems
• Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
• Degree in biology, chemistry or relevant field
• Ability to communicate clearly with patients and medical and administrative staff while complying fully with HIPPA privacy laws.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Experienced in using Electronic Medical Records
• Fluency in both English and Spanish is preferred
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Paid Time Off
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
Interested candidates, please send an updated resume to Nicole at email@example.com!