Patient Care Associate Inpatient
Patient Care Associate Inpatient - UMass Memorial Medical Center - Memorial Campus
UMass Memorial Medical Center is the region’s trusted academic medical center, part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. We are committed to improving the health of people in Central Massachusetts through excellence in care, comprehensive health services, teaching and research.
UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus is currently seeking a Patient Care Associate Inpatient
FT/PT/Per Diem - All shifts available
Patient Care Associate Inpatient Position Overview:
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) and in keeping with unit specific standards, performs a variety of patient care activities to meet the personal needs and comfort of patients; and assists members of the health care team. As an integral member of the patient care team, serves both internal and external customers including patients, families, nurses, physicians and other colleagues who support the delivery of care and services. Major Responsibilities:
- Provides clear, timely communication to the RN regarding observations and changes seen in patient/s. Examples, but not limited to changes in skin condition, vital signs, and/or mental status.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a safe environment. Works to utilize interventions to de–escalate patients and if unsuccessful participates in restraints in accordance with training and education as directed.
- Assists patient with daily living activities such as personal hygiene, ambulating, meals and nourishment.
- Assists in moving, lifting, positioning and transporting patients by utilizing proper safety techniques and body mechanics in all work related activities.
- Maintains patient safety by performing patient safety checks, utilizing fall prevention alternative devices/strategies as directed, and following the Restraint Policy standards when caring for a restrained patient.
Patient Care Associate Inpatient Position Qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school education or GED required and demonstrates clinical experience doing similar work in a clinical setting or other practice certification required.
- Prior inpatient/outpatient care experience or clinical care training preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support or Heart Saver certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English in a clear and concise manner.
- Medical Terminology and computer skills preferred.
Interested Candidates Please Contact:
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Click here to schedule a time to speak with me!
Please reference Position ID 163507 when responding.