Want to Make a Difference? Become a Nurse Practitioner!
U.S. News & World Report recently released their list of Best Jobs That Help People, and guess who's on top? Nurse practitioners! In addition to being ranked #1 in Best Jobs That Help People, nurse practitioner was also rated #1 in Best Healthcare Jobs, #2 in 100 Best Jobs, and #2 in Best STEM Jobs!
We're not one bit surprised! Here are some reasons we believe this outstanding career ranks above the rest:
- Nurse practitioners can develop long-term, in-depth relationships with their patients, helping them improve their overall health.
- NPs provide comprehensive care and focus on whole-person wellness. They not only diagnose and treat diseases, they also help prevent disease and manage health (AANP).
- Because they enjoy a great deal of practice autonomy, NPs can order diagnostic tests, treat illness, infection and injury, prescribe medications, manage care, educate patients and families and more.
- NPs can provide primary or specialized care, allowing them to pursue various professional and clinical interests. 88% of NPs are prepared in primary care (AANP). However, specialties include acute care, adult health, family health, gerontology health, neonatal health, oncology, pediatric/child health, psychiatric/mental health, and women's health.
- If they choose to, nurse practitioners can become even more highly specialized. NPs can subspecialize in allergy and immunology, cardiovascular, dermatology, emergency, endocrinology, gastroenterology, hematology and oncology, neurology, occupational health, orthopedics, pulmonology and respiratory, sports medicine, and urology.
- Nurse practitioners can work in any healthcare environment, including hospitals, outpatient centers, private practice, acute care, skilled nursing, home health, telehealth, rural health, government services, etc.
- The median salary for nurse practitioners was $120,680 and is on an upward trajectory (USNWR).
- The number of NPs grew to 355,000 in 2022, and there's no sign of a decrease in demand as the aging population of patients continues to grow (AANP).
- The sky's the limit regarding career opportunities for nurse practitioners! There are jobs at exciting locations across the nation. NPs can take full- or part-time permanent positions, work per diem, travel on locum tenens assignments, and much more.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career? Explore our nurse practitioner jobs at exciting locations across the country.